Restore Your Property After It's Been Damaged
We provide insurance estimating, budgeting and insurance repair services to clients in Burlington, WA and surrounding areas. You can trust us to help during every step of the insurance and restoration process.
It's stressful enough to go through a major storm, fire or flood. You shouldn't have to worry about finding a reliable and affordable team to handle your insurance repairs too. Luckily, you won't have to worry about a thing when you turn to Merritt Builders, LLC. THERE'S NO DAMAGE WE CAN'T HANDLE.
You'll enjoy having the peace of mind that comes from having a team of professionals.
Insurance Estimating, Negotiating and Budgeting
Perform fire, flood or natural disaster damage repairs
React quickly and efficiently when you call
50 Mile Radius of
Skagit County, Whatcom County, Island County, Snohomish County.
Sedro Woolley, Washington
Camano Island, Washington
Whidbey Island, Washington
Lake Stevens, Washington
As a contractor, our primary role is to assist the homeowner during the insurance claims process for damage to their home. Here's a general explanation of the steps involved:
1. Initial evaluation: Once a homeowner contacts Merritt Builders with an insurance claim, we will schedule a visit to the home for an initial evaluation of the damage. This will involve inspecting the affected areas and documenting the extent of the damage.
2. Insurance claim submission: The Homeowner must prepare and submit a detailed insurance claim to their insurance company. This typically involves providing a thorough assessment of the damage, including photographs and documentation. Your insurance company will provide you with the documentation to get your claim started.
3. Meeting with the adjuster: When the insurance company assigns an adjuster to your claim, it is the home owners responsibility to find a General Contractor to provide a professional assessment of the damage, explaining the necessary repairs and replacements required which is included in an estimate.
4. Estimate and negotiation: As the contractor, Merritt Builders will create a detailed estimate of the repair costs and present it to the home owners insurance company for review. Merritt Builders will negotiate with the insurance adjuster on behalf of the homeowner, ensuring that all necessary repairs are covered..
5. Estimate Approval: Once the Estimate is approved by the insurance adjuster, Merritt Builders will discuss the scope of work with the homeowner. Merritt Builders will send the homeowner a proposal agreement to sign before the work can be started.
6. Project management: Merritt Builders will oversee the repair process, ensuring that all work is completed according to the agreed-upon plans, building codes, and regulations. Merritt Builders coordinate schedules, manage subcontractors, and address any unexpected issues that may arise.
7. Documentation and invoicing: Throughout the project, Merritt Builders will maintain detailed documentation of the repairs, including photographs, invoices, and any additional costs incurred.
8. Final settlement: Once the repairs are completed, Merritt Builders will work with the insurance company to finalize the claim repairs. Throughout the process, Merritt Builders main role as the contractor is to advocate for the homeowner's best interests, ensuring that all necessary repairs are completed.